THE PHURBA TIMES Headline Animator

CHANGE IS POSSIBLE

"No doubt, there are ways. What we just need is WILL. WILL for Change, WILL for Action. Then, Why in Dillema? Let's say YES to Life. :)Yes. - Phurba, the WASH Man

Friday, January 29, 2016

Responding Earthquake...Experience sharing by Phurba

(Questions/Answers – by Phurba who is the live witness of Nepal Earthquake-2015 and WASH Relief/Response immediate after upto Recovery Phase (upto Jan. 2016 (Now)))

1. Where were you during the two major earthquakes of April and May?
During the first earthquake, I was in home at Kathmandu, 2nd floor. I had just completed my meal and started to take some rest on bed. During the second quake, I was at Chautara (duty station), Headquarter of Sindhupalchowk for my regular WASH response/relief works, was on the road.

2. What was your first response after the quake?
As earthquake happened, immediately I called to my office supervisor and let him knew that I am safe and with my family, then, sheltered to the safe open land for couple of days. On the third day of earthquake (i.e. on April 27, 2015), I got informed from my senior colleagues that National WASH Cluster meeting is going to happen at Singha Durbar premises (Strategic location of Nepal Government). So, I joined that meeting and shared some remarks regarding the current status of the district based on my communication with the district level colleagues. On the next day, I moved to Chautara (duty Station) with taking responsibility to coordinate/facilitate the WASH relief/responses. Immediate after reaching to Chautara, I met with the Government authority for WASH

No comments:

Post a Comment